Monday 16 May 2011

PPD1

For Ppd1 we have had to do a few different tasks.
First of all we had a task of making a Fabric Board,
We took a trip to Bradford Bombay stores and collected some fabric samples.
Then we went round Leeds looking in charity shops , Samuel Taylors and the market.
We was also give a style to follow, We got 360 A/W 2011/2012 where we had to research it to then go find what we needed.
I really enjoyed this task, looking at the final fabric board hung up was satisfying as It looked good.


Secondly We had to create this blog :)
Thirdly We have all been given a 3rd year fashion student to work with, I got a Girl called Jordan, she was really nice and we got on well. She showed me here collection as a Rout A student, this was really interesting to see how she works and what she was doing, rout A is not just about making , its also about advertising, labeling and packaging. Here work had a magazine , packaging, promotional cards, business cards and bags which all had her logo "Detach" on. I did various tasks for her over the 3 weeks , which helped her out massively at this busy time. This all has been educating and a incite into what's to come .

Finally I have had to do a Visual and Verbal Power point presentation, which has to last about 5 mins on things such as
  1. What are my strengths and weaknesses throughout this first year at college?
  2. Skills I want to Improve in Year 2
  3. What has inspired my work this year in terms of subject matter and approaches to work?
A taster of what it looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment